Re: [opensuse-factory] texlive- packages on Tumbleweed
On mardi, 14 février 2017 18.25:00 h CET Carlos E. R. wrote:
El 2017-02-14 a las 16:53 +0100, Martin Wilck escribió:
To me this looks like a design problem in the texlive package. How much
sense does it make to split a package in to 1500+ parts if "texlive-
epstopdf" pulls in (almost?) all of them? You might as well just stuff
it all in a single package.

It was one package time ago, but it was changed; I don't remember the
reason. Perhaps to have more grainy control. But as you say, if some
thing wants to install them all, the solution is worse.

The real trouble is to have all or big part of them installed
rpm isn't the most speedy things to make that much packages.

For that reason, unfortunately, I'm not the most happiest Geeko about the
package split.

But no, I don't want to even think about a merge them all again :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch