Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
* Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv@xxxxxxxx> [02-14-17 09:32]:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Also Zypper suggest to choose some self-compiled RPMs with
"official" RPMs from repositories.

You have to give your home repo a higher priority (lower pri number).
Yes, I thought about this. But I have a practical problem with giving
repositories higher priority numbers.

If I for instance find an interesting updated package in a home
repository, I do not wish that the package will be downgraded on next
"zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" run.

it will not be, --no-allow-v... should remain with the "home" repo.

But if I give the home repository a higher priority, then "zypper dup
..." will update all matching packages with the versions from the home
repository.

[not tested] should not with --no-allow-v...

This brings me to the question, why will package vendors change also
with the "--no-allow-vendor-change" option?
(If this is caused by hard dependencies, Zypper does not explain the
dependencies.)

--no-allow-v... doesn't allow vendor changes!

So if I have to say "Yes" to everything, I don't see the
difference between "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" and
"zypper dup". Especially "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" does
not preserve my repository preferences for me.

It gets much better if you use it everytime.
So you can recommend "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" for daily usage?

I have been using it for quite some time. I did not originally and tried
to work with priorities, but they do not seem to suffice and require
extended use of locks (which can be applied to apply to specific repos).

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2 Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo @ http://linuxcounter.net