Re: [opensuse-factory] Complete lockups on plasma
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:35:09 +0200
неділя, 12 лютого 2017 р. 11:58:58 EET Lew Wolfgang написано:
On 02/12/2017 11:47 AM, ianseeks wrote:
Hi

Anyone else experiencing plasma locking solid so you have to physically
reboot? I've been having this about twice a day on average over the past
month or so.

What's the symptom when it locks? Black screen? Pixelated? Flashing?
What were you doing when it froze?

I've seen various ugly things with plasma. Some of the effects seem to
be related to old Nvidia graphics adapters, others are black screens
when logging in a new user for the first time.

Can you unlock the freeze with a Control-alt-backspace key combo? This
kills the X session.

BTW, the new-user problem happens when I use useradd to create a new
user. the .cache and .dbus directories are owned root.root. Just doing
a chown -R fixes the problem. I've seen this happen with 42.1 and 42.2.

Regards,
Lew

If locking means problematic X session lock then "loginctl list-sessions" &
"loginctl unlock-session ..." from tty (Ctrl+Alt+F1) might help.