Re: [opensuse-factory] texlive- packages on Tumbleweed
On lundi, 13 février 2017 12.41:29 h CET Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx> [02-13-17 12:30]:
Starting last week, my Tumbleweed system wants to install 1500
texlive- RPMs. I am not explicitly adding any new packages, other than
what the dup wants to install. How can I find out which package has
suddenly decided it needs all these packages? I guess that is the
first step in seeing if I can disable adding all these packages.

perhaps look for something to do with desktop publishing
and then
zypper se -s --requires <package-name>

or you could
rpm -q --whatrequires texlive

and see if zypper wants to update one or more of the resulting packages.

There's also the vicious "Recommends" :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch