Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel stable repo and zypper
  • From: Karl Cheng <qantas94heavy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:05:19 +1100
IIRC they are the same package, it's just that it's been rebuilt from
the same source a second time. I don't know why dup downloads the
rebuilt kernel package anyway though.

On 12 February 2017 at 22:57, stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When using kernel stable with zypper up, normally the kernel gets updated from
kernel stable.
Recently it is on a 50% basis that one has to run zypper dup.
From a version perspective I can see no difference between the kernels. So I
do not understand really the reasons for this. Example as of today:

kernel-default-4.9.9-1.1.g6c5120c

does not update with "up" to

kernel-default-4.9.9-1.2.g6c5120c

Using zypper dup no problem. The last kernel update then did not need it. So,
what is the technical reason for a kernel update to require dup or up?
Thank you.

- Karl Cheng (Qantas94Heavy)