Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
Am 11. Februar 2017 23:04:33 MEZ schrieb Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv@xxxxxxxx>:

Zypper calculates 95 problems on my main PC.

This sort of setup should be handled with repo priorities. First home, then
Mozilla, then Packman, then Tumbleweed (or whatever you want the stacking to
be).
Then a simple 'zypper dup' would give a consistent state. This will cover
eventual ABI changes within a repo. This requires that each repo is clean and
carries no duplicated package, which might be the case in badly maintained
repos.

There are likely valid usecases for the --no-allow-vendor-change. But following
a repo should be allowed. Take the recent ABI change in libbluray for example.
Some struct was changed, all packages in Packman use the new layout.
Disallowing vendor change may result in bad runtime behavior because the TW
variant of libbluray is installed.

And of course this specific example taints my statement that zypper dup --from
Packman is 100% safe. Sorry for that..

Olaf