Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
So if I have to say "Yes" to everything, I don't see the difference
between "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" and "zypper dup".
Especially "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" does not preserve my
repository preferences for me.

--no-allow-vendor-change means that Zypper will not automatically switch vendors for *every package which has a newer version in another repo*. But sometimes the depsolver figures out that the only solution is to switch vendors (in order to upgrade some package) -- which is why it's asking you to confirm vendor changes.

If you don't set --no-allow-vendor-change, you'll see *a lot more* than 95 vendor changes. Zypper is only asking you about the unavoidable ones.

--
Aleksa Sarai
Software Engineer (Containers)