Re: [opensuse-factory] Folder view and prompting me when i click on an icon
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 14:18:22 +0000
On Saturday, 11 February 2017 13:22:08 GMT Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Samstag, 11. Februar 2017, 11:33:49 CET schrieb ianseeks:
Just tried turning it off and applying it but the changed is not actually
made so its turned back on again. So i guess thats the regression
mentioned by Fabian

No.
The "regression" that Fabian mentioned is the feature itself, i.e. that it
will ask you for executing .desktop files on the desktop and there is no way
to mark them as "trusted".

I just noticed myself that dolphin 16.12.1 actually doesn't write this
setting though, seems to be a bug in dolphin.
You can edit ~/.config/kiorc yourself, change "behaviourOnLaunch=alwaysAsk"
to "behaviourOnLaunch=execute".

Or just tick the checkbox "Do not ask again" before you click on "Execute"
in that dialog that asks you whether you want to open or run the file. ;-)

OTOH, as Fabian mentioned already, 5.9.1 should be in the next TW snapshot
and contains a workaround that disables that confirmation dialog for
desktop:// URLs specifically (i.e. .desktop files in the ~/Desktop/ folder,
that are shown on the desktop).

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Cheers, i think I can live with it until the next snapshot

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170209
Qt: 5.7.1