Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse
Carlos E. R. wrote:
I don't think so. You are implying that a novice should install KDE
and not XFCE. Not always so. The novice may have an old computer, so
he is directed to choose XFCE or LXDE The novice can also be versed in
another Linux distribution, maybe not used to suse patterns.

Actually I install XFCE for all my novice Linux users coming from Windows
because that's
what they are used to (looks very similar to classic desktop on Windows 7 or
earlier).

BTW: Using KDE is not an option at all.

So I'd really prefer if the installation routine does not make it harder to
choose XFCE.

Ciao, Michael.