Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse

On 02/11/2017 03:58 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
Am Freitag, 10. Februar 2017, 16:49:19 CET schrieb Robert Kaiser:
Josef Reidinger schrieb:
I worry it will be too confusing for beginners, we try to have easy
decisions and if user need something more advanced, that for such
purpose is that custom, which allows to specify any pattern you want.

I agree. What about splitting the list into visual sections but still
acting like one single radio group?
For example:

Desktop
O KDE Plasma Workstation
O GNOME Workstation

Desktop
O KDE Plasma Workstation
O other Desktops (GNOME, Mate, ....)
Server

- this shows that KDE is the primary desktop of openSUSE

Except to the best of my knowledge atleast we still treat Gnome and KDE
equally

- it clearly states what else is behind ('Manually select packages' is not
self explaining to newbies - it looks scary IMO

my 2c
Axel

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30