Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse
  • From: Roger Price <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 16:37:48 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 10 Feb 2017, Josef Reidinger wrote:

I worry it will be too confusing for beginners, we try to have easy
decisions and if user need something more advanced, that for such
purpose is that custom, which allows to specify any pattern you want.
Also it can easily switch to flame war what should be there and what
not.
Goal of that dialog would be to allow easy UI for common scenarios
like workstation with major desktops and minimal server. For other
users we allows patterns selection and even in summary you can fine
tune it with full software selection if you want. As can be seen in
third gif, picking e.g. lxde is also very easy with it, just one click
more.

+1 for easy selection of lxde. I hope that any replacement desktop selection menu will be as simple and straightforward as the current one.

Roger