Re: [opensuse-factory] IMAP: Can't delete emails in kmail
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 07:37:20 +0100
On Thursday, 9 February 2017 22:13 AW wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2017, 21:54:27 CET schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
There's a know quirck, what happen if you remove the option, empty
trash on quit.

No, I never used this option. However, turned it on, closed kmail, off
again, no change: can't delete email on IMAP account.

Something like this happens to me occasionally on Tumbleweed, too (much
more frequently in last week or two, in particular, almost always after
resuming from suspend to disk): either a mail stays in place after an
attempt to delete it or a mail stays marked as unread after displaying
it.

This works around the problem for me:

- quit kmail
- run "akonadictl restart"
- start kmail again

Hint: I suggest to open a new shell that you close right after running
the "akonadictl restart" command, otherwise it's going keep polluting
your terminal with various messages.

It's annoying and I'm pretty sure it's not The Right Thing but so far
it always did the trick for me.

Michal Kubeček