Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 17:29:12 +0100
On 9 February 2017 at 17:06, Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 09.02.2017, 23:57 +0800 schrieb Dingzhong Chen:
What about setting the priority of other OBS repos lower than the
official repos, then run "zypper dup" to update system?
What will it differ from "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change"?

Adjusting priorities should work as well.
I think leaving oss at 99 and setting packman to 88 would allow it to
override oss during 'zypper dup'.

Still I'm surprised we have this conversation. The info about how to
run Tumbleweed is supposed to be in the wiki...

Please do not recommend priorities

It is very rare that a repository can be trusted implicitly

Especially something like Packman which can, and does, often include
packages which it "shouldn't" (just like it used to have its own
fdupes until recently)

The best method is to rely on zyppers vendor logic, so a user can
cherry pick WHICH packages they want from which vendor, and then rely
on zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change to keep things that way.