[opensuse-factory] Systemd regression in recent snapshot?
I'm sorry to bother the list with this but I didn't get any response on
the forum.

I believe there is a regression in the recent systemd update.

I installed tumbleweed fresh about two weeks ago on the then-current
snapshot, and everything was working great, until a few days ago when I
updated. When systemd was updated, it didn't seem to restart.

(243/531) Installing: systemd-232-2.1.x86_64
.......................................[done]
Additional rpm output:
Failed to reload daemon: Failed to activate service
'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out
(274/531) Installing: udev-232-2.1.x86_64
..........................................[done]
Additional rpm output:
Failed to reload daemon: Failed to activate service
'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out
Failed to reload daemon: Failed to activate service
'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out
Failed to try-restart systemd-udevd-control.socket: Connection timed out
See system logs and 'systemctl status systemd-udevd-control.socket' for
details.
Failed to try-restart systemd-udevd-kernel.socket: Failed to activate
service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out
See system logs and 'systemctl status systemd-udevd-kernel.socket' for
details.
Failed to try-restart systemd-udevd.service: Failed to activate service
'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out
See system logs and 'systemctl status systemd-udevd.service' for
details.

I was then unable to shutdown, and when I restarted the boot hung after
USB device detection. After a period of time I saw messages:

[103s] [sytemd-journald] Failed to send WATCHDOG=1 notification message:
Connection refused
[223s] ]systemd-journald] Failed to send WATCHDOG=1 notification
message: Transport endpoint is not connected
(Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/w4iSS3l.jpg)

I then tried the 2017-02-06 snapshot (and again tonight I tried the
02-07 snapshot) and both result in the same message and unsuccessful
boot. I initially believed this issue to be related to recent Xorg or
AMDGPU issues but blacklisting both radeon and AMDGPU and setting
runlevel to 3, all results in the same issue.

I thought perhaps I could boot the rescue disk and chroot, then
downgrade the systemd package with zypper. But, I'm also unable to boot
the rescue system on the snapshot. It hangs at the message: "Starting
udev Wait for Complete Device Initialization..."

So, I would like to enter a bug, but I'm unsure of how to troubleshoot
this any further, or get back to a booting system. Thanks for any help!