Re: [opensuse-factory] X broken with 20170204, system unusable
I ended up using the radeon driver. My GPUs are not supported by the
amdgpu driver. Modesetting works also.

X server segfaults when radeon and amdgpu are both installed, although
radeon is the one that tries to load (which is the correct behavior).
Uninstalling the amdgpu package solves the issue. I'll try to research
more because having both packages should not produce any issue (like
having intel or nouveau xf86 packages installed).