[opensuse-factory] Snapper rollback with encrypted installs ( was: YaST: highlights of development sprint 30)
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 12:50 AM, Terzeus S. Dominguez <zeus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does that mean that in the future we'll be able to use snapper
rollback with an encrypted system? This was not working previously
because /boot was a separate ext4 partitiion.

Not in the future. Snapper has been working with fully encrypted installs for
a while now.

Does it require a special partition setup or would it 'just work' with
existing ones?

I have the following one:

UUID=89548d6e-b673-441e-a0d6-7abeba05c07b / btrfs defaults 0 0
UUID=6ac580e2-9c42-40dc-ac59-047f8898a41b /boot ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 2
/dev/system/home /home xfs defaults 1 2

plus loads of other subvolumes.

My understanding is that changes done to /boot would not be rolled
back. How is this handled now? I am asking since I would not like to
experiment with production machines :-)

Thanks,

Robert

--