Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: How to reindex akonadi database without having to reconfigure?
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 09:27:30 +0000
On Friday, 3 February 2017 00:29:53 GMT Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op donderdag 2 februari 2017 22:13:29 CET schreef ianseeks:
On Thursday, 2 February 2017 09:45:59 GMT Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2017, 07:56:16 CET schrieb ianseeks:
Hi

I'm having the "Retrieving folder..." error message on every folder
that
contains an unread item. Akonadi fsck/vacuum/top/start no longer fixes
the
problem.
I have in the past followed the how to fix akonadi when there was a
failed
migration and that did all the work but it seemed like a hammer to
crack
nut as you have to reconfigure kmail etc.

Is there a way to just delete the data and any related indexes to
force
reindexing process?

I'm running out of ideas hence i hope this idea may help

I removed the directory .local/share/akonadi/ after closing kontact and
stopping akonadi using "akonadict stop" by giving it another name; just for
safety. After that I just started kontact, which starts akonadi and all of
its processes. This builds a new directory like the above with a new mysql
database and after some patience almost all is back to normal, except
pointers to Trash folders which used to point to trash folders of an
account, but I found these folders pointing to what seems to be a random
folder in an account. You need to be patient and observe that all folders
are filled again from the local folders and from folders on an IMAP server,
before you direct the trash folder to the proper trash folder.

I needed this to do a few times and never lost a single message.
thanks. i tried that and it all seemed to work ok. But it didn't improve my
"Retrieving Folders...." problem at all. I gave up on it and i created a new
user in the end and started with a fresh empty mail system.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170201
Qt: 5.7.1