Re: [opensuse-factory] ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
On Mon, Jan 23, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

Same problem for all other subvolumes like /var/log, /var/spool,
etc.

I wonder if we should also rethink the subvolume layout a bit while
we are at it. Maybe instead of creating lots of separate volumes,
/var itself needs to become a subvolume?

That was my very first idea, but is not possible because of /var/lib/rpm.
The RPM database has to stay on the root subvolume.

Thorsten