Re: [opensuse-factory] ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
On Sun, Jan 22, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

Generally, I like the idea, it seems to be very robust method. Do I
understand
it correctly, that as soon as I continue work in userpsace (e.g. with browser
or office application), I can safely postpone reboot? But what about
applications writing something into /tmp?

You can postpone the reboot to any time you want. But the risk
increases that changes to the root subvolume are made, which will
go lost.
Applications writing to /tmp should not expect that this will
survive a reboot. Quite the opposite, data in /tmp is defined as
not surviving a reboot. But since /tmp is a subvolume, it is no
problem in this case.
But writing to e.g. /etc is a problem.

Thorsten