Re: [opensuse-factory] ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
On Sun, Jan 22, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

But /var/cache/squid has to be owned by someone so it can be cleanup in case
of removal of squid package.

And that is an error in reasoning: /var/cache/squid will not be deleted
if you deinstall squid, because this directory would still contain files.
So after deinstallation of squid, if you have a directory /var/cache/squid
which is not owned by any package. That the package was formerly owned
by squid does not help you in any way, except if you did never configure
and run squid. It is only helpful as long as the package is installed.
(Which does not mean I'm in favour of removing this directory from the
packagelist, only the reason why it is important for de-installation
is wrong).

Seem to what I understand from you point of view, is that we should have a
%ghost /var/cache/squid in %files section and then a squid.conf in /usr/lib/
tempfiles.d that create this directory if not existing on boot.

Did I understand your proposal when translated to real package ?

Yes, this is what I mean.

Thorsten