Re: [opensuse-factory] 4.9+ kernel failure on toshiba satellite
* Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> [01-21-17 00:32]:
[....]
tks, but bad news. Install failed for me, boot msg (from memory):
error: you need to load the kernel first.

and from lack of attention and old force of habit, I installed the 4.9.2
kernel with rpm -Uvh and it removed my other kernels.

I have no idea about the error "you need to load the kernel first". I

This means grub attempted to load kernel but it failed for some reasons.
Then next command tries to load initrd and it fails with this error
message because it expects kernel to be loaded first.

So you need to look at error of previous command.

And that would be? /var/log/boot.omsg ???

tks
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2 Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo @ http://linuxcounter.net