Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170112 - hanging Plasma, broken extended display
On 16.01.2017 14:07, Robert Kaiser wrote:
For me, on my main desktop computer (Intel SandyBridge graphics), which
has a secondary display, plasma doesn't come up fully at all, the
startup screen (on the primary display) frezees and never goes away,
while on the secondary screen, things seems kinda usable but I don't
have any widgets or anything there.
As I still use KDM there, I could select a "Plasma Workspace (failsafe
session)" at login, which seems to turn off some gfx freatures
("hardware accelaration" or anything else?) and that seems to work fine
for now.
So I suspect the X update or something regarding Mesa is involved in
this issue.

FTR: Exactly the same here with my DELL Optiplex 790 desktop. Primary
display freezes and hangs at the (not spinning) KDE logo. Secondary
display via VGA port works. Ended up by using the "Plasma Workspace
(failsafe session)" too.

Jan