Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170112 - hanging Plasma, broken extended display
On lundi, 16 janvier 2017 12.38:32 h CET René Krell wrote:
On lundi, 16 janvier 2017 11.39:57 h CET René Krell wrote:
Additionally to the reported issues with this snapshot I have these
two on a HP ZBook 15 G2 notebook, running kernel 4.9.0_2 from the TW
update repository:

Did anyone notice something similar? Any analyze or solution out there?

I've a quatro M2000M working greatly with 375.26 nvidia drivers with 4.9.0
and xserver 1.19.

Is this a system with Hybrid Graphics (Intel/NVidia)? If yes, have you
activated this feature?
Nope due to the too much limitation of intel gpu (number and treatment of
external display). I admit I a fan of nvidia.
I choose carefully my hardware to be able to only run nvidia chipset.
After a look to the kernel changes logs after 4.9.0 I saw there has
been also alot of i915 driver fixes, which is always loaded here
beside the according driver for the NVidia chipset. I tried to set
Hybrid Graphics to Auto and Enabled (I have always needed one of these
two settings to activate a secondary. external DVI display.
But I cannot see any bigger issue in /var/log/messages so far with the
current kernel.
var/log/messages ? you mean journalctl
René

--