Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170112 - hanging Plasma, broken extended display
On lundi, 16 janvier 2017 11.39:57 h CET René Krell wrote:
Additionally to the reported issues with this snapshot I have these
two on a HP ZBook 15 G2 notebook, running kernel 4.9.0_2 from the TW
update repository:

1. Plasma desktop does sometimes hang during startup, I see the
message "Yakuake started" at the beginning, but no widget, just the
empty background. In this situation, when trying to reboot, the
shutdown hangs on a task I haven't still identified for about one and
a half minute, systemd shuts it down probably forcibly after this
time.

To exclude a driver problem I tried this in these variants:
- nouveau (with Mesa-dri-nouveau installed)
- nouveau (no Mesa-dri-nouveau installed)
- nvidia native 375.20 (nouveau blacklisted)
The effect is always the same, there seems not to be a problem with a
graphics driver.

2. A second display connected to the docking station stopped working,
it doesn't even wake up neither during booting nor after Plasma has
been started. The second display isn't even recognized according to
the Plasma desktop settings, there is just the laptop display present.
This has been still working with the update state of last friday (20170110).

Did anyone notice something similar? Any analyze or solution out there?

René

I've a quatro M2000M working greatly with 375.26 nvidia drivers with 4.9.0 and
xserver 1.19.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch