[opensuse-factory] openSUSE:Leap:42.3 started
Hi,

42.2 is out of the door, time to relax and wait for the Christmas
holidays, right? Well, far from that. We have to prepare for the
next release.

So for the Leap 42 line that means 42.3 based on SLE12 SP3. In
anticipation of that OBS already has openSUSE:Leap:42.3 set up as
copy of 42.2. It already accepts submissions. Right now mostly to
directly integrate 42.2 maintenance updates.

With regard to the schedule SUSE plans to release SLE12 SP3 earlier
than the usual November date. It's beneficial for Leap if we get the
changes we need into SLE and therefore are able to share sources. So
I think it makes sense to follow suit and have our development phase
with SP3 too, ie move the release date earlier as well. Due to the
shortened development time I don't expect big changes in the base
system. 42.3 should keep the promise of continuing an LTS line and
mostly collect all 42.2 maintenance updates until then plus even
more packages and selected updates from Tumbleweed.

I'll propose a more concrete schedule when I know more about SP3.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel