Re: [opensuse-factory] Could tracker _not_ be included with Xfce installations?
On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 17:57 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

Can we change it conditionally so that it'll be pulled only when
tracker itself has been installed?

You mean for the lib no longer to recommend tracker itself - I think it
would be feasible - the apps *the GNOME Team* maintains and that do
require tracker to be present will still pull it in, so we should be
good from that end.

Still: XFCE (what started this thread) recommends tracker from its own
pattern - this is still something someone would have to change.

Cheers,
Dominique