[opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 42.2 Beta1 released
Hi,

tl;dr 42.2 Beta 1 is on the mirrors, get it from
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/iso/

Even though it's called Beta 1 the base system is mostly in sync
with SLE12 RC2. Therefore it's pretty safe to use on most systems
already. So please put this under thorough test and file good bug
reports¹.

Compared to Alpha 3 we got tons of bug fixes of course and more than
a thousand more binary packages backported from Factory.
The biggest missing component right now is Plasma 5.8 as announced
earlier².

The amount of build failures went down, thanks everyone for helping
with that! Still we have quite some to resolve. As usual help is
appreciated to fix the remaining ones³.

Beta 2 is only three weeks away, package submissions for Beta 2
will be considered until Sept 15⁴.

cu
Ludwig

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports