Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 42.2 - Alpha 2 - call for manual testing
Marita Werner composed on 2016-06-22 17:42 (UTC+0200):

openSUSE Leap 42.2 - Alpha 2 has just been released in time for the
openSUSE Conf!

I would like to encourage you to test it and break it. And of course
report all the bugs you can find so that we can make Leap 42.2 even
better! I can recommand to start testing our great Gnome Desktop in this
early phase, for other new things please check Ludwig's email attached
below....

I wanted to try, using zypper dup, from 13.1. repomd.xmls are missing:

repositories/KDE3:/KDE3
opensuse-guide.org
repositories/mozilla
packman

Worse, I tried to remove KDE4 with zypper, after s/42.1/42.2/ in /etc/zypp/repos.d/*, because I forgot to remove them before the edits. The result was zypper wanted to remove 38 KDE4 packages, and install 159 KDE5 packages, exactly what I don't want.

So, I reverted the edits, removed the KDE4 packages, unreverted the edits, tried again, in spite of all the missing repos, using up. That listed 196 updates to not install, including Mesa*, (probably) all perl packages, samba*, xf86*, xorg-x11-server, so I aborted and tried dup: 1025 to upgrade, 114 to downgrade, 152 new, 1 to reinstall, 29 to remove, 77 to change vendor, 2 to change arch, increasing space consumed by 227MiB, and downgrading mc from 4.8.17 (from repositories/basesystem) to 4.8.15.

As I had forgotten about lock kernel-de*, the result was 0 installed kernels, since kernel-default is inexplicably unable to be installed on the same installation as kernel-desktop. I did notice before trying to reboot, so installed kernel-default. 42.2alpha with 4.4.11 does boot, but now it's off to bed....

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/