Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Issue testing snapshot 20160605
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 13:01:17 -0300
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Jon Arne Jørgensen
<jonjon.arnearne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I'm experiencing the issue described by Robby Engelman.
I'm also getting lot's of "fork: resources not available" errors on the
console while doing regular stuff when the system is under load.

So you are also running out of PIDs when the system is under load ? try
kernel.pid_max = 4194303 in /etc/sysctl.conf (if your using a 64 bit system)
hopefully someday the kernel defaults to that value on systems where
is supported instead of staying compatible with buggy software that is
no longer around..

Also you could be hitting the default pam nproc limits.conf..