Re: [opensuse-factory] WARNING - Tumbleweed snapshot 20160605 - POSSIBLE FIX
  • From: "C. Brouerius van Nidek" <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 17:06:10 +0700
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 10:41:55 AM WIB Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 10:34 +0200, René Krell wrote:
* user.slice not being used - hence the user is limited to
system.scope
and that's 512 children (not sufficient for a normal session,
resulting
in forking issues)

So that's this weird problem with running out of threads while using
Chromium, IntelliJ and bash happening already several months...

I worked around by increasing the limit in /etc/systemd/system.conf:
DefaultTasksMax=2048

It's just that - a workaround, which might hide other things (you lack
logind integration).

I suggest to either 'force re-install systemd' (zypper in -f systemd)
which will get the config pack in place or the pam-config call
mentioned earlier... and revert the workaround.

This would ensure your entire logind integration is back in place

Thanks Dominique,

Followed your suggestion and as far as I could see everyhing worked as
expected. Sound has come back, kmail behaves as before and the connection to
the internet is back.

Constant

--
Linux User 183145 using Tumbleweed on a Pentium IV
System : Linux 4.6.0-1-default