[opensuse-factory] openSUSE Tumbleweed – Review of the Weeks 2016/22
(Apologies, seems my mail was stuck on Friday)

Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

As is normal for openSUSE, we are somewhat ‘linked’ to the numbers ‘4’
and ‘2’ – so it can’t be a surprise that this week we released 4
snapshots – I’ll see if I can make up something for the ‘2’ as I go
along.

The snapshots considered for this review are 0526, 0529, 0530 and 0531
and there were quite some big expected things landing:

  * KDE Appications 16.04.1 – it took longer than we wanted it to – but
it’s there now
  * Perl 5.24.0 – A few packages still fail to build, but it’s not ring
packages. That can still mean that some of YOUR things need fixing.
Report bugs!
  * Linux Kernel 4.6.0 – Binary kernel modules, as usual, need to catch
up. They are out of our control

And what is planned to be coming your way next?

  * Linux Kernel 4.6.1 – because it’s ready
  * QEmu 2.6.0
  * LibreOffice 5.2.0
  * GCC 6 as default compiler – It’s getting closer. At least openCV
for ppc64 still needs a fix (as far as I’ve seen it was declared to be
a GCC 6 bug) and LibreOffice 5.2.0 needs to be tested

That’s all for now – have a fun time ahead,
Dominique