Re: [opensuse-factory] Whither %systemd_requires, begone?

On Thursday 2016-05-26 05:33, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

But I wonder about the systemd RPM scriptlets and the
%{?systemd_requires} RPM requirements in the "foo" main-package.

Don't they harm when no systemd is there?

The scriptlet tests for existence of systemctl and tmpfiles first,
and do nothing if they are not there. Which is ok as long as (
systemd is *not* in the to-be-installed package set || is going to be
installed before package xxx ).

Unfortunately, rpm's "Requires(pre)" is, to use systemd's own terms,
both a "Wants" (request for existence) and a "Before" (request for
installation ordering), and is the figurative bite in the butt.

Maybe zypper devs can give us support for "Supplements:
order_after(systemd)", similar to the fancy packageand() stuff.

Scriptlets need only systemctl. In early days of systemd this was solved
by providing systemctl as separate package, so packages could require it
without requiring systemd itself.

I like the idea. (I think it's possible to pull it off.)