Re: [opensuse-factory] Requested backport patch from kernel 4.6 to 4.4 upstream addressing unnecessary throttling of cpus on Lenovo laptops

On 05/25/2016 02:30 PM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 05/25/2016, 08:19 PM, Roman Bysh wrote:
I was informed that backports need to be requested upstream so I
requested it.

Right, but this one was backported to 4.4 in April already.

In the future, should I request this on the openSUSE bugzilla?

Nope, sending an e-mail to stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the fastest way to
do it.

Too bad we could not use 4.6 for openSUSE 42.2.

It does not matter much. There will always be bugfixes in later
releases. Like in 4.7 for 4.6.

thanks,

Perfect. I no longer need to do requests on kernel.bugzilla.org.

Cheers!

Roman