Re: [opensuse-factory] How Leap and SLE's timetable overlap
On 2016-05-24 T 19:24 -0400 Greg Freemyer wrote:

From the kernel team's perspective they may even be able
to leverage SLE kernel support at all times because they
will have to support SLE kernels longer than the 12 months
I'm proposing. That assumes the SLE will be supporting
each of the annual LTS kernels.

While we do the Kernel version upgrade in SUSE Linux
Enterprise 12 SP2 -- and have announced it about 18 months in
advance, as our customers and partners expect -- there are
currently no plans for a Kernel version upgrade in SUSE Linux
Enterprise 12 SP3 (tentative release date: Q4 CY 2017);
selective backports may happen, however, we have no details,
yet.

Hope this helps.

So long -
MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann, Director Product Management SUSE Linux Enterprise
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,