Re: [opensuse-factory] Broken /boot/initrd file after latest upgrade (Tumbleweed 20160519)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 15:35:04 +0200
Bjoern Voigt wrote:

This must be a modern way or SUSE way to create initrd files.

It's dracut.

Unfortunately most Internet blogs still show the old way to analyze
initrd files (first: gunzip the initrd file; second: extract the cpio
file). It there a documentation for analyzing the initrd files in the
modern format?

To start with, "lsinitrd" for listing the contents.

I read something, that I have to skip some blocks in
the header to get the embedded "lzma" compressed file.

Something like that. I think I've done it, but I can't remember the
exact steps.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.0°C)