Re: [opensuse-factory] Is osc downloading RPM packages via HTTP?
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 2016-05-16 13:52:13 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 8:24 AM, Robert Munteanu
<robert.munteanu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1. Should osc really be downloading package over http instead of
https?

It shouldn't..now.. I don't know if it is possible in practice to ask
all mirror operators provide SSL enabled servers with valid
certificates..

Well... for an rpm package http is not too bad, because we verify the
signature of the downloaded package (the pubkey is retrieved via https
(at least usually)).

Good point. So there is nothing to fix here, and my immediate problem
was solved.

Thanks,

Robert