Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20160514 released!
hi,

Am 2016-05-16 um 13:43 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:

pam (1.2.1 -> 1.3.0)
pam-modules
pam_ldap

after upgrading pam to 1.3.0 from tumbleweed repo and plasma workspace 5 from KDE frameworks5 repo from 5.6.3 to 5.6.4 i can't use kscreenlocker/kcheckpass any more.

i have an upgraded openSUSE x86_64 system since 12.3 and therefor i have to preserve my pam config files

common-session-pc
common-password-pc
common-auth-pc
common-account-pc

which use pam_unix2.so instead of pam_unix.so whenever i update pam packages.
i learned this from tumbleweed update 2015-09-24.

there was a thread about this in this list named "tumbleweed update 2015-09-24 unlock screensaver failed".

after updating pam today i could not even login any more.

i solved this by restoring my old pam config files.

but kscreenlocker/kcheckpass do not work any more even after this restore.

they always report "unlock failed".
when starting journalctl i see:
Authentication failure for rainer (invoked by uid 1000)

could it be, that kscreenlocker/kcheckpass internally rely on pam_unix.so which does not work on my machine?

i downgraded all required plasma5 packages to 5.6.3 and now it works again.

so it must have something to do with 5.6.4 versions of plasma5....
--
Best Regards | Freundliche Grüße | Cordialement | Cordiali Saluti |
*DI Rainer Klier*