Re: [opensuse-factory] Transitioning to GCC 6
  • From: Dinar Valeev <dinarv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:55:49 +0200
On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Normand <normand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 15/04/2016 13:25, Richard Biener wrote:

You may have noticed that GCC 6 packages appeared in Factory (but gcc
used for building packages still points to GCC 5). Somewhen in
January I set up openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6 where GCC 6 is used
to build packages. The status of that is that it depends on the
glibc update pending in Staging:B and it still requires fixing a few
packages, mostly -Werror related. There was a point in time where
openQA was green for x86_64 (and Minimal-X).

Once Staging:B has been accepted I'll formally submit an update
to gcc to make it point to GCC 6 thus obsoleting the above Staging:Gcc6.
That staging can nevertheless be used to look at the current FAILs
which are

build failed
cluster-glue failed
elfutils failed
espeak failed
gdb failed
jack failed
libyui failed
llvm failed
mozilla-nss failed
pesign failed
python3-base failed
xen failed

and can also be caused by the glibc update which I pulled into
Staging:Gcc6.

Any help is appreciated.

Richard.

Dinar,

I do not know anything about required bootstrap for Staging setup
but I am impressed by the number of unresolvable for ppc64le archi (1)
(439 entries at time of this email)

Are there missing copy somewhere ?
osc ls -b openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6/_repository/bootstrap_copy/ppc64le
shows binaries. But those are not picked for build in standard

(1)
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6?arch_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&unresolvable=1

--
Michel Normand