Re: [opensuse-factory] Fwd: Tumbleweed/Factory process help
On jeudi, 14 avril 2016 18.25:35 h CEST Richard Brown wrote:
On 14 April 2016 at 17:42, C. R. Oldham <cro@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings,

I am new to OpenSUSE and have been running Tumbleweed for a few
months. (Well, I shouldn't say "new", I did use SUSE for a short time
way back in the kernel 2.0 days). I'm having trouble understanding
the process by which new package versions work their way into Factory
and then into Tumbleweed. In particular, I have an app on another
distro that I would like to migrate to Tumbleweed but it is currently
using Postgres 9.5.2. Only 9.4 is available. Can I put in a request?
Or is there good documentation somewhere that would help walk me
through using OBS/osc to upgrade the 9.4 packaging?

I also don't understand the relationship between

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/postgresql

and

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/server:database:postgresql

Can someone enlighten me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Hello, does this link answer all your questions?

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Factory_development_model

Also the comment of our favorite postgresql maintainer on
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/server:database:postgresql

can explain the delay we have in integrating the new 9.5 version.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member, fsfe fellowship