Re: [opensuse-factory] Feedback needed: swap sharing in the new installer proposal
On 2016-04-14 08:47, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Andrei Borzenkov <> wrote:

And if that's true, then I just don't see how we proceed to the next
step which is safely supporting hibernation in a multiboot context.

Ah. I understand now.

If
the booting of two or more Linux OS's can't be agreed upon
cooperatively I don't see how hibernation of those OS's gets sorted
out. Any installer asked to do a multiboot installation should
probably configure the system in such a way that the user can't
(easily) hibernate the system. Experts will just have to go
unhide/enable hibernation manually since they're aware of the risks.
It's not fair to do that to regular users asking for automatic
installations from a GUI installer.

Have the selection done at UEFI, not on Grub. But some manufacturers
refuse to support multiple systems on UEFI, we saw this recently :-(

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >