Re: [opensuse-factory] ZFS

Отправлено с iPhone

7 апр. 2016 г., в 8:09, Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> написал(а):

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 09:50:37AM +0930, Simon Lees wrote:

To summarize from
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2016-02/msg00159.html

This has been our stance since 2006:

Developers of the kernel community consider non-GPL kernel modules to
be infringing on their copyright. openSUSE does respect this position
and will not distribute non-GPL kernel modules as part of products.

...and yet we go to a long length to make everyone who wants to use
nvidia or fglrx drivers their experience as comfortable as possible
(while not crossing the thin line of "providing them as part of our
products").

While I completely agree with not providing ZFS, I would rather avoid
basing it on reasoning like above if we are apparently completely fine
with kernel modules which are not even open source. Some might even
use the H-word, I guess.

That's fine - so someone will need to host external repo with ZFS. Just like
packman does. But it is not, what this thread asked, right? --