Re: [opensuse-factory] ksnapshot replaced by kscreengenie, but does not migrate
On Sunday, 10 January 2016 00:46:40 CET Jimmy Berry wrote:
1) ksnapshot is removed (apparently I missed it in dup), and not
replaced by kscreengenie (ie not installed)
2) still cannot figure out (short of making custom command shortcut)
how to configure it to launch when print scrn btn is pressed

#1 seems like a packaging issue as it should obsolete the ksnapshot
and this be installed.

Jimmy, Please read my email from yesterday. The KDE Applications 15.12 update
has not fully landed in Tumbleweed yet. Therefore strange things can happen.
ksnapshot was already deleted, but spectacle was not accepted yet. Therefore
there is no screenshot program for the moment. This is not a packaging issue,
but a timing issue. I am wondering however how ksnapshot got removed as that
no package was obsoleting it. But maybe this is caused by the zypper dup.
This would also mean that spectacle will not get installed automatically
anymore as that ksnapshot has already been deleted.

#2 is perhaps a upstream bug as it is rather silly to just break a
feature and not wire up the replacement.
Before complaining please check the facts. As indicated there is no screenshot
program installed on you system, so it is logical that a print scrn button
will not launch anything. Spectacle comes with the hotkeys that would make the
print screen work again

Raymond