Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.1 is gold
On Friday, October 30, 2015 10:00:02 PM Graham P Davis wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 21:19:35 +0100

Thomas Leineweber <thomas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 30.10.2015 um 21:09 schrieb Graham P Davis:
My main problem is the nouveau/Plasma5 bug which makes Leap and TW
unusable in nVidia machines.

please, do not say it with this absoluteness. I am running Leap 42.1
with a nVidia card and the nouveau driver. Plasma 5 works without
flaws. Yes, there are reports about problematic cases, but do not
conclude that every nVidia/nouveau-system is broken.

Sorry, probably should have inserted "some" before "nVidia".

Tried Alt+Shift+F12 to toggle off "desktop effects" in Plasma5 and it
made things much worse so I must have had them off in the first place.
I wish the "Enable special effect at startup" button hadn't been
removed; might have had a clue what the situation was beforehand.

Configure desktop -> Display and Monitor -> Compositor -> [x] Enable compositor
on startup

Cheers,
Hrvoje