Re: [opensuse-factory] Boot of iso image on USB stick with Tumbleweed on Dell Lattitude E5500 failed
On 2015-10-30 11:07, Freek de Kruijf wrote:

I always use SUSE Studio Imagewriter to prepare a bootable USB stick and it
always worked. I assume below the surface dd is used to write the image on
the
stick.

A plain "cp" works ;-)

It is easier to use than "dd". But the basic issue is the same: you have
to point it to the device representing the stick, not to a partition on
it, nor to the filesystem.

I also found easy2boot which is supposed to boot its own image on the USB
stick, after which you can choose which iso image to boot from. You can have
several iso images on the stick.

This might not work with openSUSE images.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >