Re: [opensuse-factory] Boot of iso image on USB stick with Tumbleweed on Dell Lattitude E5500 failed
On Wednesday 28 October 2015 23:26:15 Freek de Kruijf wrote:
I tried to boot from a USB stick on which I wrote the iso image of the
latest Tumbleed 20151022 using SUSE Studio Imagewriter on a Dell laptop
Lattitude E5500.

Obviously I rearranged in the BIOS to start looking for a bootable image
from a USB device.

The laptop did not see a bootable image on the USB stick and started from
the hard disc.

I searched the Internet for a solution, but did not find one.

Anyone succeeded in installing openSUSE on this laptop?

Are you sure you wrote the Image to the raw stick, not its first partition?

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns / Bergstraße 21 / 52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034 mobile: +49 151 50412019