Re: [opensuse-factory] ownCloud Client in Tumbleweed
On 26.10.2015 16:22, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
Hi Dominique,

thanks for the quick answer!

On Mon, 2015-10-26 at 12:21 +0100, Klaas Freitag wrote:

I would finally like to maintain the packages of the ownCloud sync
client for openSUSE Tumbleweed in the openSUSE repos rather than in
"our" repo isv:ownCloud:desktop. I hope that is appreciated.

Very much so! I think it will be a great addition to have it in the
main repository.
Yes, openSUSE would be the first distro to have that. And I see no
practical way for us to do that with others at the moment...

Here are some questions:

1. Is the spec file as in isv:ownCloud:desktop [1] acceptable for
tumbleweed? It is a multi-distro spec file and a bit cluttered by the
%if statements. If it should be cleaned, is there a magic command to
output it after the %ifs have been resolved?

Being multi-dist aware is not a problem for the .spec file in openSUSE;
of course you might get community contributions that are not always
taking care of non-openSUSE specialities; but that would be up to the
maintainer team to handle and adjust.

Then, there are a couple rpmlint warnings that would be really nice to
get out of the way... part of the normal review process basically:

Sure, I will work on that to get that resolved, but that will take a bit
of time. I will get back to here if I get stuck somewhere. Thanks for
the hints so far!

2. Wouldn't it be easiest to have isv:ownCloud:desktop as a devel
project for it? Is that doable?

That's certainly doable - and I think in the case where an isv is
actively doing the maintenance, also the right thing to do.

Ok, cool, that makes it easier for us.

3. We could do a bit of theming of the client (mainly icons) to make
it
more openSUSE branded. If there is interest, who could help doing
that,
as my design skills are ...not that big.

Maybe reach out to the artwork team (opensuse-artwork@xxxxxxxxxxxx);
then can do things which we can't.

All right, will do.

Thanks,