[opensuse-factory] Re: Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1
Jiri Slaby <jslaby@xxxxxxx> writes:

On 10/26/2015, 06:38 PM, Vahis wrote:
On 26.10.2015 18:58, Uzair Shamim wrote:

According to Adobe, freshplayerplugin/pepper-flash is at the latest
version: http://paste.opensuse.org/view/raw/a8461972

I have tested it on *Leap* and I can play youtube videos fine. If there
is a particular site you are concerned about I can test it if you
provide a link (or you can just install the plugin and try it yourself).

Flash is not needed for YouTube.
They ditched it a while ago.

That's not true at all. Many videos cannot be played only using html5 on
youtube. See https://www.youtube.com/html5

But all videos can be played via youtube-dl.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@xxxxxxx
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7