Re: [opensuse-factory] TW : multiversions of kernel-default & zypper dup
Hello,

Am Montag, 26. Oktober 2015 schrieb ellanios82:
* ellanios82 <ellanios82@xxxxxxxxx> [10-26-15 15:36]:
[...]

. . . How can one have zypper dup keep multiversions ?

try applying locks to the present kernels (+ devel...), then zypper
-v up -d kernel***

then rpm -Uvh kernel*

should work, I am presently doing that but dl appears somewhat slow
today>
:)

- thank you Patrick : tried this , added zypper al
kernel-default-4.2.3-1.1.x86_64

but,

i guess i did something wrong , because after commanding :

rpm -Uvh kernel-default-4.2.3-2.1.g202286f.x86_64.rpm

nevertheless , the locked kernel-default-4.2.3-1.1.x86_64 got
removed anyway :(

You are mixing high-level tools (zypper/libzypp) and low-level tools
(rpm).

rpm does not know anything about zypper locks [1], therefore it's not
surprising that it follows the Obsoletes: [2] and uninstalls the other
kernel - which is just an older build of the same code.

As Andrei already wrote in another mail, multiple rebuilds of the same
kernel version can't be installed in parallel because they would
overwrite each other's files.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] if you want locks on the rpm level, you might try installing a dummy
rpm with proper Requires: or Conflicts: in its spec.

[2] I didn't check, but that's my guess about how it is implemented in
the kernel spec/rpm.
--
Und da Du mit der Installation so wenig Probleme hast, könntest Du
doch die gesparte Zeit in ein paar Großbuchstaben investieren. Liest