Re: [opensuse-factory] ownCloud Client in Tumbleweed
  • From: Tomáš Čech <sleep_walker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:47:59 +0100
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 12:26:54PM +0100, Klaas Freitag wrote:
Hi,

I would finally like to maintain the packages of the ownCloud sync
client for openSUSE Tumbleweed in the openSUSE repos rather than in
"our" repo isv:ownCloud:desktop. I hope that is appreciated.

It is!

Here are some questions:

1. Is the spec file as in isv:ownCloud:desktop [1] acceptable for
tumbleweed? It is a multi-distro spec file and a bit cluttered by the
%if statements. If it should be cleaned, is there a magic command to
output it after the %ifs have been resolved?

I'd say it is acceptable, but it depends on what do you expect to
happen - that other distributions than (open)SUSE will use the spec or
only the packages built in OBS?

If you are interested only in result packages (and expect that
distributions will create their own specs)

1] I'd hide distribution differences (such as distro specific
dependency names) into OBS project configuration of your
isv:ownCloud:desktop project.

That way the spec is openSUSE-only and is readable, while you can
still produce packages for other distributions.

2] process spec file using spec-cleaner

3] I don't understand lines 42-46 after line 40

4] use `make install %{_smp_mflags} DESTDIR="%{buildroot}' instead of
make_install, makeinstall or anything else

5] %check won't make sense in openSUSE:Factory anymore

6] Source1 and Source2 are defined in other condition than when used
in %install - either unify conditions or better - define some macro
with meaningful name (without_systemd ?)

7] there is %cmake macro which you could use

and plenty of small recommendations...

Best regards,

Tomas