Re: [opensuse-factory] Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:44:22 -0300
On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Robert Kaiser <kairo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Brown schrieb:

On 26 October 2015 at 14:45, Robert Kaiser <kairo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, this means a lot of people will continue to have the current
version
installed "until the end of time",even once it becomes horribly insecure.
:(

Dude, it's flash, it's been horribly insecure since the beginning of time
;)

That may be the case, but a ton of web content unfortunately relies on it.
I'd be one of the first people to cheer if Flash would be really obsolete in
this world, but even I have to run two things right at this moment (a game
and a sports video player) that require Flash.

It's still far safer if you explicitly acknowledge your permission to
run flash by clicking on the appropriate link on FF.

Having it disabled by default, 1 click away from running, isn't such a
bad thing.

At least until everyone moves away from flash. Which will happen quite
faster if Adobe takes this stance.